Thursday, March 4, 2010

Table names and table games...

Something that I have struggled with is tables. When Mr. Yankee and I got engaged one of the things I knew immediately was that I wanted to have semi-assigned seating. Meaning that while I wasn't going to mark every chair with a name, I wanted people who knew each other to have the opportunity to sit together. There are some places where meeting new people can be really fun and interesting- a wedding isn't one of them.
Since I knew I wanted semi-assigned seating I had to think of how I was going to arrange it. I didn't want to do your typical table numbers. Again my love of weddingbee and theknot clouded my otherwise sane judgement and I just had to have unique table names. There inlies the problem- just what should I choose?!
I searched my normal sites for ideas and started churning some in my head. I am a big Disney fan (duh) and Mr. Yankee proposed there, so I started thinking of Disney themed tables. I came up with all sorts of ideas: disney couples with a history of their love, disney villains (they're misunderstood!), pictures of Mr. Yankee and I in front of different attractions and disney movies. The problem in going with Disney is that it is fine line between creative and cheesy. The next thing I thought of was the word 'love' in different languages, but I felt that was a bit cheesy and didn't fit Mr. Yankee and I just right. Where was my creative juices?!


source

My current idea is to name our tables after the different places we plan to visit when we are on our honeymoon. Find a really beautiful picture and jot down some history (because I am all about little trivia ice breakers) about the locale and call it a day. The only problem with that is explaining how we came up with our table names. I realize that a lot of people probably won't care, but I know I will care and will be worried about people understanding our theme. Silly, no?!

How about the other brides out there?! How did you come up with your seating arrangement?!

No comments:

Post a Comment