Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bittersweet Symphony: The Rehearsal

I woke up Saturday morning and prepared myself for my last day as a single lady. I was trying to make sure that everything was done and that there would be no last minute loose ends to tie up. I remembered that I had to finish my online application for graduate school before I did anything else and so wandered around the house patiently while I waited for Mr. Yankee's friends to wake up. Note to Brides to Be- Do not, I repeat do not try to apply to graduate school the month of your wedding. Your brain will be mush. Just as I finished up the application my MOH arrived to take to me to a "surprise" in town. I was a little apprehensive- still feeling like I was missing something or forgetting to do something and that I was going to get frazzled if I left the house before the rehearsal. Alas, I let the control freak inside of me go and went with my MOH like I was told. And I was so happy I did because my fabulous friend got me a massage!!! So I took the hour to just let everything go- the wedding, the grad school application and the fact that my ankle was 4 sizes too big [which is a story that won't be told here, sorry!].

After the massage I was refreshed and relaxed- ready to tackle the rehearsal day full speed. I was finishing up some last minute things when I realized how close we were getting to rehearsal time. Eek! So I hobbled upstairs and started getting ready and had Mr. Yankee's friends drop me at my mom's house to pick up her car. I arrived exactly on time [to my great surprise] and we started to rehearse!

EVERYONE LINING UP

I have to say, rehearsing was a lot of fun. I was kind of nervous after reading all the wedding blogs about how chaotic the rehearsal can get. Maybe it was because we had a smaller wedding party. Maybe it was because our wedding party just truly rocked- either way, it was a gas! Jokes were flying, tears were flowing and everyone knew exactly where they needed to be. It was excellent.

ALL OF OUR FABULOUS FRIENDS GETTING READY FOR THE BIG WALK!

Once we rehearsed a few times, Mr. Yankee and I decided to disperse with our friends. He would take his friends to a late lunch, I would check into my suite and make sure my dress was hung properly. Of course, losing my mind right before the wedding, I remembered that I had forgotten a few key items back home. Luckily, Bridesmaid J had also forgotten a few items and so we rode together back our houses and told everyone we'd meet them at the rehearsal dinner.

ONLY MY FRIENDS WOULD HOP INTO AN EMPTY TUB!

Did you have a good time at your rehearsal?!

Next Up: We eat!

[all photos are personal]

No comments:

Post a Comment