Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Ladies Weekend: Bachelorette Party, Part 2

PERSONAL PHOTO

Saturday morning the ladies and I dragged ourselves out of bed, changed into our Bachelorette Party gear and hopped on our early morning flight to John Wayne Airport. As soon as we touched down a shot of excitement soared through me and I couldn't wait to get to the park. After grabbing a shuttle and dropping off our bags we made our way over to the most beautiful place in the world and met up with Bridesmaid A's friend who so graciously signed us in.

The sun was shining, the music was as timeless as ever and of course there was that wonderful Disney smell that was in the air. We made our way through out the park and grabbed our fastpass for Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. There was a little sign in front of the entrance that stated the ride might be too scary for children, but the girls and I thought nothing of it. Space Mountain is usually a scary ride for kids- its fast, in the dark with lots of fast twists and turns. We didn't think the Ghost portion was going to do anything to increase its spookiness- I mean this is Disney, we're talking about. WRONG!

Let me just tell you that Ghost Galaxy is TERRIFYING!! I don't think I have ever screamed so loud on a ride in my life. It was absolutely without the question the most scary ride I have ever been on. I am sure there is a youtube video of it somewhere- if you have the guts, google it. But let me be clear that it is nothing to be played around with! It is spooky!

After practically losing our voices on Space Mountain [and most of us declaring our decision to never ride it again] we grabbed some lunch and enjoyed the park until it was time to head over to DCA [that's Disney's California Adventure for you non Disney folk] for our dinner at Ariel's Grotto and the majestic show that is World of Color.

Up next: Dinner at Ariel's Grotto and WORLD OF COLOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment