Friday, July 2, 2010

100 Days!


It's official... This is my last 3 digit day in wedding planning. From here on out we'll be in the double digits. DOUBLE DIGITS. How did we get here?!

It seems like yesterday Mr. Yankee proposed to me in Disneyland on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. And it seems like only an hour ago I was at my engagement party. This week I gave out my list for my bridal shower, had my second consultation with my florist, finalized my invitation proof, registered at a third store and got the information from Disney about my bachelorette party. And I have a feeling it is only going to get more crazy from here.

A few of the things I've learned is that I need to remember to step back and remind myself what this day is all about. It is about becomming a part of a partnership that will last the rest of my life. To remind myself how entirely lucky I am to meet someone who challenges me every day and loves me more than words can say. I've also learned to let it go. This has been really easy in certain areas and really difficult in others- but when the going gets tough I have a great partner to remind me that when it all is over- it just isn't that important. I learned who my true friends are and who I can depend on- people who I never imagined would be so unsupportive have broken my heart, while people I never imagined to be so strong have been there for me in ways they could not possibly imagine.

In sum- I have learned that this will all be done in the blink of an eye and to try and enjoy these last three months. Because the good times are just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment