Friday, July 30, 2010

It all happens for a reason.

I've been vacant. I know. If you follow my personal blog then you already get a sense as to why I haven't been wedding crafts and blog posty feeling recently. It's been a hard couple of weeks, but I am doing my very best to let. it. go. and get back to enjoying this whole thing called wedding planning.

The biggest piece of news to break is that we received our invitations. And they are absolutely beautiful. I had a minor freak out when we received the wrong envelopes (and an even bigger freak out when everyone kept telling me it was no big deal. Just let a girl be irrational and crazy for 5 minutes, would you?), but Chelsea was an absolute gem and worked herself ragged to make sure we got the right envelopes by the end of the weekend. They are all currently stuffed and awaiting their trip to the post office- I was searching high and low for some pretty twine that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg to tie it all together, but have since given up on that idea. They're pretty enough. I don't need to add anything, no matter how much I want to.

The countdown?! 72 days. Amazing how time has been flying since we hit the 100 day mark. I feel like before I am over with breakfast it will be time to get hitched. But I am not sweating the small stuff. If I have learned one thing about whats going on in my personal life is that everything happens for a reason. As much as I want to be able to control everything and plan everything out to the last detail, life will get in the way.

I guess what I am saying is that I am finally embracing the idea that life is what happens while you're busy making plans. So while I am still the type A, plan everything down to the minute control freak, I am also beginning to take a step back and just let it ride. Because no matter what happens I can't change it.


Any other brides out there learning some life lessons while in the midst of planning?!

No comments:

Post a Comment