Thursday, July 8, 2010

SO over it...

Wedding planning, that is. At the time Mr. Yankee and I say "I Do," I'll have been planning this wedding for twenty-two months and three days. Yeah- twenty-two months and three days. I have thought and re-thought every decision, detail, vendor and color scheme imaginable and I am just ready for it to be over with. I try to remind myself every time I get in this mood that I need to step back and enjoy this time, but you can only enjoy budgeting and assembling and gathering so much before it starts to drive you insane.



Of course I was reading weddingbee this morning and it looks like another bride to be, Miss Taco, has been planning her wedding for quite some time and is so over it. Inspired by another Bee, she posted a list of things she was excited for Post Wedding. I think I will release some of wedding planning frustration and think of all the things I really can't wait for after wedding...


Parenthood, and NO! Not squeezing a child out of my who who parenthood, but PUPPY parenthood. Ya heard- As soon as we get back from our moon de the honey, I am picking myself up a puppy.

Italy, I know this is technically part of the wedding, but it will be after the wedding and therefore I am putting it on the list. I have been dying to go to Europe since I was 16. And to be able to experience it for the first time in style with my hubby- words can't even describe.

Money!!: It's been a little tight in the Yankee household since planning this wonderful wedding has commenced. I don't mind. But I will welcome a fat savings account and extra money in my pocket come October 11th.

Home Improvements: I have been itching to do more than paint this old place of ours. I am hoping it will make me less bitter about the value in our home. I want to remodel both of our bathrooms, create a beautifully functional office/guest room and update our kitchen. Luckily, I have a best bud in Kendall who plans on helping with that.

Social Time: I look forward to being able to spend time with friends and not have a schedule of things to get done before x date.

Quitting my job and going back to school: I have been unhappy for a very long time, but have muscled through it because of the pay check. I'll be so happy to be rid of the daily drama that is my current career and back on track to get into a field I am really passionate about.

Travel time!: I cannot WAIT for all the mini trips and major vacations that will be had once we're married. I'm talking weekend trips to Seattle, Vegas and jaunts out to Alabama to see my bestie- you watch. I'm going to be irresponsible with my money for the first year of our marraige.

No comments:

Post a Comment